Manufacturing Engineer - Core Design Manufacture (Submarines)
Reference number: 00061712, Date added: 10-Jul
We currently have an exciting vacancy for a Manufacturing Engineer - Core Design Manufacture (Submarines) to join our Nuclear Business working on the future Nuclear programme.
As a Manufacturing Engineer, you will be a part of an Engineering team with a focus on providing tooling/fixturing solutions in support of the manufacturing methods of manufacture. Due to the range of Tooling requirements on this programme this vacancy provides an opportunity for the successful candidate to either focus on tooling/fixtures for specific manufacturing processes or specific manufactured products. This provides an excellent opportunity to develop manufacturing knowledge across many products and processes.
Rolls-Royce is home to some of the world's finest minds. And nowhere are those minds more keenly tested than in our growing nuclear business. Our team is comprised of a broad range of experts in the fields of engineering, manufacturing, project management and procurement. This is your chance to join them.
Our submarines business is growing on a global scale. We support the Royal Navy as the technical authority to the UK Ministry of Defence for naval reactor plants and we're continuing to build our nuclear sector capability.
For you, this means unique opportunities to work across our portfolio of products and services. Our global, multi-million pound learning and development initiatives empower each individual to build a world-class reputation.
As a Manufacturing Engineer, your main responsibilities will be to:
- Confirm tooling requirements for both current tool enhancements and new tooling, thus robust requirements capture is important.
- Ensure that the Manufacturing Engineering Tooling design process is followed.
- Work with Rolls-Royce approved Design and Make Tooling suppliers to influence and ensure suppliers deliver to the required technical quality.
- Develop a relationship with production, Tooling Suppliers and local manufacturing engineers ensuring that the tools are manufactured with a clear life cycle value for money approach.
- Help to shape the method of manufacture in a brand new manufacturing facility for the next 40 years.