Electrical Systems Engineer - Pipeline
Reference number: 00058003, Date added: 15-Apr
Rolls-Royce offers opportunities for Electrical Systems Engineers and Electrical Integration Engineers to join our EPACS Electrical Systems team based in Derby. The Electrical Power and Control Systems (EPACS) organisation is building capability in analysing, developing and implementing new power system technologies and products for customers across all of our sectors. These vacancies offer exciting challenges and opportunities for ambitious individuals with relevant qualifications and form part of an exciting and rapid expansion of the company-wide electrical engineering activities.
Every great product needs a great business behind it. This means having an effective business model, clear objectives and a dedicated workforce. It means providing a framework that inspires future leaders, encourages collaboration and helps people focus on the jobs they're meant to do and fulfil the potential they have. As an Electrical Systems/ Integration Engineer you will play a critical role in keeping the company running.
To ensure we remain at the forefront of our industry, Rolls-Royce has a team of over 14,000 engineers around the globe. They include everyone from world experts in their field to those who manage hundreds of people and millions of pounds worth of investments. We recruit engineers at all levels and in a range of disciplines. And while we encourage specialisation, we also offer options to cross-specialise and develop skills across a number of different areas.
As an Electrical Systems/ Integration Engineer, your main responsibilities will be to:
- Contribute technically to the team, putting forward innovative ideas for potential development.
- Contribute to a wide range of electrical technologies ranging from superconducting technologies to high temperature electrical technologies.
- Provide technical input into the development and demonstration of power system applications ranging from a few kW to several MW.
- Assist in the assessment of power system concepts and contribute to electrical research activities at our 3 electrical University Technology Centres in the UK and associated external research activities in the US and Singapore.
- Be involved in several aspects of power system development including requirements definition, trade studies and demonstration of system solutions.
- Work with specialists in power electronic and electrical machines disciplines to develop overall electrical system solutions that meet customer expectations.
The role will include personal development through representing EPACS on internal initiatives and at appropriate external forums. The role demands flexibility to operate across aerospace, marine and energy applications and an innovative approach is expected of the successful candidate.