Technologist - Engineering Test Services (Pipeline)
Reference number: 00058008, Date added: 15-Apr
Rolls-Royce Engineering Test Services have several job opportunities for talented Technologists.
Engineering Test Services (ETS) is a high profile team supporting both In-Service, Development and Resource and Technology (R&T) projects. We manage varied and challenging projects, ranging from the small, crushing a sample of a new honeycomb, through to the large such as a compressor aero rig or a Fan Blade off rig. We liaise with numerous functions across the company, therefore a role within ETS presents an ideal career opportunity for those looking to broaden their experience. Our projects represent ideal examples for advancement through the Technologist Structure and meeting the requirements of professional institutions. With an on-going high work load we are looking to strengthen the team.
ETS is part of Engineering and Technology (E&T) organisation with close links to other Rolls-Royce sites and test facilities such as Mechanical Test Operations Centre in Dahlewitz (MTOC) and Anecom Aero test (fan and compressor aero testing). ETS will provide world-class component and system test solutions for all Rolls-Royce' gas turbine businesses.
Working as a Technologist within Engineering Test Services, you will:
- Plan rig requirements into a viable package of work by working with the customer to develop a specification and secure internal and external resources to satisfy customer requirements.
- Manage each rig project, including the supply chain, to ensure it achieves its planned objectives to cost, lead-time and specification using Integrated Project Management (IPM) principles.
- Resolve technical issues that may arise at any stage of the programme by liaising with the relevant subject matter experts throughout the Company and Supply Chain.
- Be responsible for managing Control Accounts and reporting on project performance through Earned Value Analysis techniques.
- Negotiate priorities between customers, gain the commitment for programme support by the relevant resource owners, both internal and external to Rolls-Royce and technically manage the test in conjunction with the test facility.
Typically, you will be managing between 1 and 6 projects at any one time with a cumulative spend of between £2m and £8m.
This is a "hands on" role with the requirement to deliver a number of the programme activities yourself. In addition, the role will offer an opportunity to challenge current working practices, and to identify and implement potential improvements. There is likely to be a requirement to undertake additional Project Management training as we strive to exceed increasing customer expectations.
With a global supply chain opportunities exist for both domestic and overseas travel, there is an expectation that you will be available for travel.